First Church believes that involvement in a local faith community is a pathway for living out our call to follow Christ and be rooted in his life-giving message. Wherever you are on your spiritual journey with Christ, you are welcome at First Church! We do not require membership in the church in order to worship, belong to small groups, participate in classes, or serve. However, for those who recognize God's call in their lives and wish to make an initial or ongoing commitment to follow Christ, membership in the church is an excellent way to celebrate what God is doing in our lives and live out the promise to follow Christ.
Steps to Membership
- Complete New Member class
- Complete SHAPE assessment to discover or reaffirm how God has designed you and explore ways you would like to serve at First Church. Pursue initial serving experience if not already serving.
- Commit to First Church's vision and mission by signing our membership covenant.
- Apply for membership to join the church through profession of faith with baptism, reaffirmation of faith, or transfer of membership from another United Methodist church or from another denomination.
- Join the church during one of our worship services with your public commitment to support First Church with your presence, your prayers, your gifts, your service and your witness.
The Expectations of Membership
First Church commits to:
- offer opportunities to worship, to be equipped, and to be in accountable relationships with other members
- having some form of loving challenge and encouragement for each individual for stepping into God’s future
A Member commits to:
- Engage in the opportunities for worship, being equipped and being in accountable relationships with other members
- Building each other up as well as pursuing personal spiritual maturity as a fully devoted disciple
Contact the church office if you are interested in joining the church.